From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and Yahoo upgrade message
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:27:00
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I may have pasted the wrong thing. I do have both KDE 3 and KDE 4
5 >> installed but I use KDE 3. This is the message I get for the record:
6 >>
7 >> (01:17:17) Yahoo! Admin: You are using an older version of Yahoo!
8 >> Messenger that is no longer supported. Please upgrade by downloading the
9 >> newest version by going to: http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php
12 > Yahoo is notorious for constantly changing their protocol. Every IM
13 > program that supports it needs to be updated frequently to keep up
14 > with their protocol changes. Try 4.3.1 (released yesterday) and see if
15 > that solves anything.
16 >
17 > Another option would be to use an MSN account instead -- Yahoo and MSN
18 > messenger networks are interoperable, and the MSN protocol is more
19 > stable. Your contacts will need to add a new account for you, but
20 > their yahoo accounts should work from your MSN account.
25 I'm still on KDE 3 tho. KDE 4 is just not there for me yet. I have it
26 installed but not using it yet.
27
28 Dale
29