From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] using package.provided
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:53:33
1 On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 03:39:22 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> Mine here is in: /etc/portage/package.mask It's been there for a
4 > >> long time. Maybe they are moving things again to something new but
5 > >> it works here.
6 > > Things that override global settings in make.conf, like package.mask,
7 > > go in /etc/portage. Things that override profile settings go
8 > > in /etc/portage/profile.
9 > >
10 > > If in doubt, read man portage which explains all these files.
11
12 > All I know, it works here. What the OP is wanting to do is no different
13 > than what I am doing here except that it is a different package. So, if
14 > it works here, it should work there too. I might add, I don't even have
15 > the profile directory at all.
16
17 But then you don't use package.provided. If you did, it wouldn't work
18 unless it was in /etc/portage/profile.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.