From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde 5 and portable media mounting
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 16:42:40
1 On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:30:18 -0300
2 Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > After some issues (some not yet solved, but on the way...), there is
5 > one pretty annoying: regular users have to provide root password in
6 > order to mount a flash drive, for instance.
7 >
8 > Am I missing something? Found some posts on the net, but none has
9 > given enough light on the subject.
10
11 My USB hard drive mounted without asking for a password, but without
12 permission for regular users to read or write. With it mounted, I
13 chown-ed the mountpoint to [myuser]:users, and since then everything
14 Just Works.