From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 03:12:48
1 On 10/19/11 04:41, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 03:51, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> To listen to audio CDs you should *not* mount the CD. Therefore the above
5 >> entry is not required.
6 >>
7 >> Since you are trying to use KDE apps to play CDs you ought to check that you
8 >> have installed:
9 >>
10 >> kde-base/kdemultimedia-meta
11 >> kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves
12 >>
13 > If you're using a good chunk of kde, emerge kde-base/kde-meta. Makes
14 > kde upgrades simpler, and less pollution in the world file.
15
16 To be honest, I don't want "meta" anything, bur from what I understand,
17 sets don't come into play until 4.7 and that isn't stable yet. I didn't
18 want to install unstable KDE.
19
20 Regards,
21