From: "Stéphane Guedon" <stephane@××××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --oneshot and --update
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:52:23
1 On Monday 16 May 2011 08:35:19 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > Hello list!
3 >
4 > I am trying to get the 'Zen' of emerge. Please CMIIW on the following
5 > points:
6 >
7 > * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it in
8 > @world
9
10 right
11
12 > * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
13 > (emerge --update package), or use --deep against world (emerge
14 > --update --deep @world)
15 >
16 > * --update-ing a package will not record it in @world
17 >
18 > * If I want that package to be included in @world, I have to re-emerge it
19
20 no, you can use emerge --noreplace www-client/firefox (for exemple), or write
21 this ebuild name in the world file itself.
22
23 > So, did I get everything right?
24 >
25 > Rgds,