From: Jamie Dobbs <jamie.dobbs@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] partition needs to be fsckd, keyboard locked
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:42:23
1 Perhaps try an external keyboard?
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > After a hard freeze on the Gentoo partition of my Macbook Pro laptop, I
6 > rebooted, and I found this dreaded message:
7 >
8 > /dev/sda4: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
9 > (i.e., without -a or -p options)
10 >
11 > And it asks me my root password, or ctrl-d to skip the fsck. Problem is,
12 > my keyboard seems totally unresponsive. So I basically can't boot into
13 > my system.
14 >
15 > I'm currently downloading a livecd to bypass this, obviously, but I wonder
16 > - if there's some other solution
17 > - something I should be aware of before fscking the filesystem?
18 >
19 > Thanks,
20 > m.
21 > --