From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Threads changing Was: OT: website design
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:36:25
1 On 2011-06-06 7:19 AM, Indi wrote:
2 > Anyone can point to a google search, smartass. :)
3
4 I've been called worse... ;)
5
6 > Of course, the search turns up nothing that works for tbird3.
7
8 It doesn't state specifically, but the very first hit works fine for
9 3.1.10 for me...
10
11 > Do you *really* imagine I'd post what I did without searching first?
12
13 Well, since the first hack/hit works fine, yeah, that's what I thought...
14
15 As to your last - yes, I'm on Windows (as I stated before) - but nothing
16 says this hack only works on Windows...
17
18 You do realize that you cannot edit the userChrome.css file while
19 Thunderbird is running, right?
20
21 Close/kill Thunderbird, then add the following VERBATIM to your
22 userChrome.css file:
23
24 * {
25 font-size: 22px !important;
26 font-family: Arial !important;
27 }
28
29 Adjust the font size to what you want, then start thunderbird...
30
31 I'll be interested to learn if this DOESN'T work cross-platform, because
32 I though all userChrome.css and user.js hacks were supposed to be
33 cross-platform. Maybe your Window Manager is over-riding it somehow?