From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failed builds of kbuild and cdrdao with "undefined reference to `__alloca'"
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 22:08:01
1 Am Samstag, 10. Februar 2018, 03:39:04 CET schrieb tuxic@××××××.de:
2 >
3 > > What's your sys-libs/glibc ?!
4 >
5 > [I] sys-libs/glibc
6 > Installed versions: 9999(2.2)^s(09:54:43 AM 02/04/2018)
7
8 Heh, guessed so. Welcome to the wonderful world of early testing.
9
10 It will take some time until the rest of Gentoo catches up with the changes in
11 glibc-2.27 (and later).
12
13 In the meantime I suggest you file bug reports (with Gentoo, and if there's no
14 newer upstream version yet, also with upstream). Patches will eventually
15 materialize.
16
17 Please always indicate clearly which version of glibc (i.e., either the
18 version, or in case of 9999, the commit or precise date/time).
19
20 [Just for the record, running glibc-9999 on your main system is in my opinion
21 crazy. And I package that thing.]
24 Andreas K. Hüttel
25 dilfridge@g.o
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 (council, toolchain, perl, libreoffice, comrel)