From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge world looking grim
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 02:20:04
1 My gentoo OS is running on Openindiana (solaris) inside oracle's vbox.
2
3 It's been left setting for at least 4-5 months maybe a couple more.
4
5 After eix-sync, attempting an `emerge vuND world' comes up with so
6 many blocks, use flag changes and a variety of other bad news in
7 such proliferation... I'm thinking better to install from scratch with
8 latest ISO.
9
10 ,----
11 | NOTE: The full mess can be viewed here:
12 |
13 | zeus.jtan.com/~reader/vutxt/images/emerge_MassiveFailure-150823.txt
14 `----
15
16 I've been quite a long time gentoo user but last 2+ yrs only very
17 lightly.
18
19 I'm awful dumb for someone who has problably more than 15 yrs running
20 gentoo.
21
22 I wondered if there are some very new ISO's that would contain all
23 major changes in last year or so once I got the core installed and key
24 useflags/make.conf setup?
25
26 Can anyone advise me which iso to use? And which profile to set for
27 general use in a vbox, hopefully to allow a `no sweat' emerge to a
28 full OS.