From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enabling Hald services
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:30:45
1 Norman Hakim schrieb:
2 >>
3 >> Ward Poelmans <wpoely86@×××××.com> wrote: 2008/6/21 Norman Hakim :
4 >>> Yes,i can the icon but i cannot open it,after i click it nothing happen. Is
5 >>> it i have to Run "mount" and "dmesg" using terminal? i'm using Gnome desktop
6 >>> manager,the id stated is "1000".
7 >>
8 >> So when you click, nothings happens? No error message?
9 >> "id" should tell you a bit more. It should be something like:
10 >> uid=501(user) gid=501(user) groups=501(user),80(admin)
11 >>
12 >> To make automount work, you need to be a member of a couple of groups.
13 >>
14 >> Ward
15 >
16 > When i click nothing happen & no error message.i've checked the id, my
17 > account is 1000, and my acc is a member of a few groups like
18 > portage,root,daemon.
19 >
20 > What are the groups that i have to join so that i can make automount
21 > work?
22
23 You need to be at least in the plugdev, cdrom, cdrw and usb groups to
24 take the advantage of hal and mount external devices.
27 PS: In addition to Micks recommendations. Can you please remove the
28 following when you reply with quotes to the list:
31 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
32
33 Everything below "-- " will show up as a signature in email clients
34 which are aware of this. I was almost not able to see your replies
35 because they looked like a part of the signature. Furthermore the text
36 considered as signature is stripped by most email clients when replying.
37 I tried to reformat your mail so it looks correct.
38
39 And please stop sending html mails. Your messages look like a big mess
40 when viewing them in text format.
41
42 I strongly advise you to read this [1] careful again and follow the
43 recommendations or you wont get many answers to your questions if you
44 make them so hard to read for others.
45
46 Regards,
47
48 Daniel