From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konsole question
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:34:54
1 120130 YoYo Siska wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:51:45AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >>> When an URL appears in a console, it is usually possible to R-click,
5 >>> then choose 'open link' & a browser(-tab) opens for that link.
6 >>> With KDE's Konsole, it opens Konqueror, which I don't usually have running.
7 >>> However, since around KDE 4.7.1 & continuing in 4.8.0 ,
8 >>> the version of Konqueror which opens is the file browser,
9 >> I'm running 99.99% stable here so takes that for what it is.
10 >> Here, with Firefox open I run in konsole
11 >> and then right click on the ardour.org link and choose Open Link.
12 >> I get the Ardour web site in the running version of Firefox.
13 >> With Firefox not running KDE/konsole still opens Firefox.
14
15 That's what happens for me with Terminal, but not with Konsole.
16
17 > Konsole should open the default browser set in KDE.
18 > You can check that in systemsettings -> Workspace Appearance and Behavior
19 > -> Default Applications -> Web Browser
20
21 There's no 'Default Applications' in my 'systemsettings'.
22 That mb because I don't have the whole of KDE installed,
23 as I use Fluxbox as my desktop/window manager.
24 The 'Default Applications' setting sb stored somewhere: any idea where ?
25
26 Anyone else have ideas ?
30 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
31 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
32 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca