From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /bin contains busybox executables after installing busybox-1.13.2
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:03:40
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 25 November 2009 14:33:29 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
3 >
4 >> amit0 ~ # fgrep make-symlinks /var/log/portage/elog/summary.log
5 >> /var/log/emerge.log;echo $?
6 >> 1
9 > [snip]
10 >
11 > Do you perhaps have a minimal elog config? I get that message every time here
14 amit0 ~ # portageq envvar PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES
15 log warn error
16
17 Defined in /etc/make.globals, which was last-modified before the busybox
18 update.
19
20 Also, I did get messages from that upgrade. Both a WARN & a LOG, which I
21 pasted earlier. Doesn't make sense to me that one WARN message would
22 find its way to summary.log, while another wouldn't.
25 >> FWIW, exing the excess exe-s from /bin/ helped relieve my pains.
28 > You're lucky :-)
29 >
30 > When the same thing happened to me long ago, I needed recovery tools to get a
31 > working system back