From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Are there any known glitches in using the nvidia drivers with an athlon64?
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 02:55:54
1 Are there any known glitches in using the nvidia drivers with an
2 athlon64?
3
4 I have a mythtv box that I have finally dumped the old hardware due to a
5 flakey cpu - new MB, RAM and CPU (3200+), but the original nvidia FX5200
6 which was working nicely.
7
8 Ive partially rebuilt all the packages using the athlon64 arch, but I am
9 finding that starting X does not work - end up with a shut down monitor
10 (overranged?) - if I exit back to a console (takes awhile) its pink! It
11 returns to normal after a reboot.
12
13 BillK