From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc apparently doesn't work
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 01:28:56
1 On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:47 PM, João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Dear list,
4 >
5 > I'v installed gentoo in my notebook, and I'm trying to setup distcc, to
6 share the 8 cores from my gentoo desktop. Both systemd systems. I followed
7 this: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Distcc .
8 >
9 > Situation:
10 >
11 > 1) systemctl start distccd
12 > gives me no erro, no log file, and according to nmap, there is no new
13 ports opened. When I start to compile in the client, no unusual cpu usage
14 here.
17 > 2)distccd --allow 127.0.0.1 10.10.10.25 10.10.10.102 --daemon --log-level
18 notice --log-file /var/log/distccd.log --port 3632
19 >
20 > same result as 1)
21 >
22 > what should be wrong?
23
24 Use systemctl, and
25 edit /etc/systemd/system/distccd.service.d/00gentoo.conf. This is only
26 necessary in the *servers*; in the clients you just need to use
27 distcc-config, and set the necessary environment flags for portage and/or
28 your gcc. Obviously each client can also be a server, but from your email I
29 understand you don't want this (I also don't let my laptop to participate;
30 my desktop is several times faster).
31
32 Finally, using journalctl -f -u distccd.service you can check if it's
33 working.
34
35 Regards.
36 --
37 Canek Peláez Valdés
38 Profesor de asignatura, Facultad de Ciencias