From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating world
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 22:10:45
1 On 03/27/11 21:54, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:25:18 +0100, JM wrote:
3 >
4 >> You can allow it to install the masked packages by typing:
5 >>
6 >> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge --update --deep world
7 > That will update every package to the latest ~x86 version, and cause them
8 > all to downgrade again the next time you emerge world. As this includes
9 > packages that are both critical and hate being downgraded, like glibc,
10 > this is a really bad idea.
11 >
12 > You would have to really hate someone to want to put them through this.
13
14 Okay, I see your point. I don't make a habit of unmasking packages.
15 However, as stated in my previous message, I can't get past the kde ~x86
16 updates to update other packages that might have valid stable updates.
17 I don't care if kde updates to an unstable version, I would just like to
18 get past it so I can see what else needs to be updated.
19
20 Regards,
21
22 Colleen