From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS problem
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 00:26:13
1 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > I have installed two or three times, deleted /etc/cups and reinstalled
3 > the printer. It showed up as an HPLIP device when installing, w/ CUPS
4 > and/or the kde printer utility. NOtably the utility OR the
5 > localhost:631 interface did not show any option for a USB printer.
6 > The address that ended up being used was a usb:<printername>. When I
7 > get gentoo booted up I'll look at it again. For now, I have to print,
8 > so I've installed Ubuntu on another partition. Printing works fine
9 > there, so that's a start.
10 >
11 > Thank you,
12 >