From: Vincent Launchbury <vincent@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Printer not working after world update
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:06:54
1 Hi list,
2
3 I've been using my printer problem free for years, but a recent world
4 update seems to have broken something. Now whenever I print I get:
5
6 (/usr/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip) stopped with status 1!
7 [Job 129] Job stopped due to filter errors.
8
9 and the job eventually vanishes from the queue. I've tried reinstalling
10 (and later downgrading) foomatic-filters, ghostscript-gpl, and cups.
11 I've also tried deleting and re-adding the printer, restarting cups,
12 restarting the printer.. etc, and nothing seems to be helping.
13
14 The foomatic-rip script says the return code 1 means "printer error
15 occured", but my printer's error light isn't flashing.
16
17 Also, revdep-rebuild shows nothing, and I do read ewarns. Hopefully I
18 haven't missed something obvious. Any ideas?
19
20 Thanks,
21 Vincent.
22
23 Current versions:
24 foomatic-filters-3.0.20080507
25 ghostscript-gpl-8.71-r1
26 cups-1.3.11-r2
27 Printer:
28 PagePro 1350W (simple ps-compat, using ppd from openprinting.org)