From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:08:58
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
6 >>>> No! It is not the latest. It's just what portage is offering you. The
7 >>>> link I sent you clearly (!?) stated that you need to be running the
8 >>>> latest 'Certified' driver revision 275.09.07 to get this fix. Just
9 >>>> because the Gentoo devs haven't marked it as stable does (to me) mean
10 >>>> that I should take their word for it.
11 >>>>
12 >> If Nvidia say to use the later version because they know the current
13 >> arch version is broken, you should follow their advice and not ignore it
14 >> simply because of a keyword setting in the ebuild.
17 >> --
18 >> Neil Bothwick
19 >>
20 > And of course I would screw up my response by writing
21 >
22 > [QUOTE]
23 > Just because the Gentoo devs haven't marked it as stable
24 > does (to me) mean that I should take their word for it.
25 > [/QUOTE]
26 >
27 > instead of what I meant, which would have been
28 >
29 > [SUBSTITUTE]
30 > Just because the Gentoo devs haven't marked it as stable
31 > ***DOESN'T*** (to me) mean that I should take their word for it.
32 > [/SUBSTITUTE]
33 >
34 > Sorry!
35 >
36 > - Mark
40 WOW !!! I'm not the only one that leaves out the word NOT. Funny how
41 that three letter word can change the meaning of a sentence so much. It
42 seems to turn things on its head so to speak. ;-)
43
44 Dale
45