From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo as OpenVZ/Virtuozzo guest
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:13:44
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > I recently acquired a virtual server at hosteurope.de
3 > ...
4 > How do I have to configure the kernel?
5 > Which sources can I use?
6
7 I'd say you do not need any sources, because as you wrote,
8 you have guest. openvz/virtuozzo uses one single kernel
9 running on host (similar as vserver-linux).
10
11 As it is common, company offering virtual servers has a pool
12 of guest-systems you can choose from (iirc, hosteurope offers
13 debian, ubuntu, suse, and some kinds of windoze). You can not
14 install a guest system of your choice, but you can ask them
15 and maybe they will prepare it for you. Then you get root
16 access to your guest system, and you can do with it whatever
17 you want (except of building new kernel)...
18
19 Jarry
23 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
24 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.