From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] who wants to downgrade my gcc ?
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 02:00:34
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:22:56 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> @world includes @system. But the problem is not that emerge world is
6 >>> skipping it but that it wants to downgrade gcc:4.4.
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >> From my understanding, world includes @system but @world does not. I
10 >> know here on my rig, I run emerge -uvDNa world and it updates
11 >> everything installed including deps and the system packages. If I run
12 >> @world, it skips the system packages. At least that is the last time I
13 >> tried it which was not to long ago.
14 >>
15 >> One reason I remember this is because of the discussion I had with the
16 >> devs on -dev. That is why @system is in /var/lib/portage/world_sets.
17 >> I noticed a few weeks ago that there are a couple others added to it as
18 >> well. The devs did it that way so that when folks like me upgrade the
19 >> old fashioned way and just use world instead of @system and @world.
20 >>
21 >> Has this changed?
22 >>
23 > No, the world_sets file still includes @system by default, which is why
24 > @world includes @system.
25 >
26 > The additions are from when you emerged sets, which adds then to
27 > world_sets.
31 But if you removed, temporarily, the @system from the world sets, then
32 you get just one. Did this a while back and it worked at the time. Not
33 going to say it would work today tho. We all know how portage is. It
34 is like shooting a bullet with another bullet. ;-)
35
36 As was pointed out to me many times, @system is not the same as system.
37 Same can be said for world and @world.
38