From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] unable to compile seamonkey-2.9.1-r2
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 06:14:14
1 I'm on an old 512Mb RAM / 1Gb swap system.
2
3 Up to seamonkey-2.9.1 I was able to build from sources.
4
5 emerging 2.9.1-r2 dies with "collect2: ld terminated with signal 9
6 [Killed]" and I see swap space being eaten up quickly towards the end of
7 the build.
8
9 gcc is 4.6.3, I also tried 4.5.3 with same result. Building from a
10 console without X and all the servers down hits the same problem.
11
12 CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
13
14 I browsed through gcc options and did not find anything to minimize
15 memory requirements other than reducing optimization level, but I
16 suppose that impacts on compilation and the problem occurs during linking.
17
18 Do I have any option other than increasing the swap space or going with
19 the -bin package?
20
21 thanks,
22