From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng +bash history
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:23:41
1 On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 09:31:07AM +0100, Penguin Lover Marcin Niskiewicz squawked:
2 > It works fine (it writes history to history.log) but still it writes it to
3 > those 3 files (debug , syslog, messages) as well ...
4 > so now everything I type is written to 4 files (debug , syslog, messages and
5 > history.log) and I'd like it to be written only to 1 file.
8 If you have a filter rule that matches for history, why don't you just
9 append "and not [insert rule here]" to the filter rule for syslog,
10 messages, and debug?
11
12 W
13 --
14 "This is just for cultural purposes, so don't panic."
15 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
16 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 790 days, 13:07