From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to dev-libs/icu-51.1 results in borked Dolphin
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:51:26
1 On Sunday 28 Apr 2013 13:21:35 Marc Joliet wrote:
2
3 > I have to admit, I'm a bit confused. I was going to suggest rebuilding
4 > QtWebKit, because of the undefined references and other warnings above, but
5 > I didn't rebuild it myself after upgrading icu, and various KDE software I
6 > have (that depends on QtWebKit, for example k3b and various games) still
7 > runs fine.
8 >
9 > I would try rebuilding QtWebKit anyway, though.
10
11 I'm going through rebuilding dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.4 as I write this.
14 > For the future: assuming you are using stable portage, I would add
15 > "preserve-libs" to FEATURES in make.conf. That way you don't lose old
16 > libraries immediately after upgrades. For example, on my machine portage
17 > gave me an informative message after upgrading world, after which "emerge
18 > @preserved-rebuild" rebuilt (amongst others) webkit-gtk.
19
20 webkit-gtk is not installed in this box.
23 > I've been running with preserve-libs for several months now (not too long
24 > after it came to stable portage) and it's been working fine for me so far.
25 > I have needed "revdep-rebuild" much less since then.
26
27 I haven't had any such problem so far, but I have now added "preserve-libs" in
28 my FEATURES just in case.
29
30 Thanks.
33 Regards,