From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Another USE question
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 23:06:08
1 Alan McKinnon schrieb:
2 > On Wednesday 27 May 2009 00:52:21 KH wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> so inspired by [gentoo-user] USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 ssse3 3dnow
6 >> 3dnowext" I again thougt about my USE flags.
7 >>
8 >> Now I want to put them in an order which is better fitting my need than
9 >> the alphabetical order. I remember I saw something ordering it for
10 >> hardware and software, but I can't remember the correct way. Was it:
11 >> USE_HARDWARE
12 >> USE_SOFTWARE
13 >>
14 >> ???
15 >>
16 >> Does anyone now this out of the box?
17 >>
18 >> Thak's
19 >>
20 >> kh
21 >
22 > How about you jumble them all up randomly?
23 >
24 > That would sure appear to match your state of mind on the matter.
25 >
26 > Who cares what the order is, you certainly shouldn't - I assure you you will
27 > forget what the order all means anyway within 48 hours.
28 >
29 > Try this instead: Study and understand the USE flags and know what they do and
30 > mean. Then list them alphabetical - you will know where to find them and when
31 > you see them they will make sense.
34 Hi,
35
36 sure I want to know what they do mean and I hope I already do with those
37 I defined for my make.conf. The point is another. Like I set up another
38 PC with other cpu and gpu I want to be able to just copy and past those
39 use flags not related to hardware very easy. One the other hand hardware
40 use flags shouldn't change for my pc so I do now "don't touch this area" :-)
41 Doesn't this make sense?
42
43 kh