From: Alexander Tanyukevich <atanyukevich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recompiling tthe kernel seems way too fast?
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:31:25
1 On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Ok, maybe I'm missing something...
4 >
5 > The first time I compile a kernel, it takes at least 4 or 5 minutes, if
6 > not longer (never really timed it)...
7 >
8 > But, I just switched my compiler from 4.1.2 to 4.3.4, and wanted to
9 > recompile the kernel, so, I change to the /usr/src/kernel dir and ran
10 > make again, but it only took a few seconds... is this right? Is there a
11 > way to make it full recompile? Or is it necessary?
12
13 If you want to compile whole kernel with new compiler you should run
14 "make clean" first.
17 Alexander Tanyukevich
18 atanyukevich@×××××.com