From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Time for hardware upgrade(s)
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 20:03:47
1 On 07/02/2011 09:06 PM, Grant wrote:
2 >> The most important thing is reliability and Linux compatibility but I
3 >> also need HDMI and I figure USB 3.0 is a good idea. The system is for
4 >> playing music and movies, no gaming whatsoever. If you're familiar
5 >> with the current hardware scene, where would you go from here as far
6 >> as a motherboard and other components? Any features a Gentoo'er
7 >> should look for?
8 >>
9 >> - Grant
10 >
11 > Is Nvidia still the way to go instead of ATI?
12
13 Yep. Unless you have old ATI hardware. Current hardware doesn't work
14 well. Since he wants to buy new stuff, NVidia is recommended.