From: Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb scanner HP2200c
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:18:15
1 > I don't have much experience with USB devices or how udev handles
2 > them in /dev. All my experience which is quite limited would suggest
3 > that it is still a permission issue. You could find the (ephemeral)
4 > device file(s) and check the perms on them and then issue the groups
5 > command to check against. My guess is you still have a permission
6 > problem that is more likely due to /etc/groups than to /etc/udev.d
7
8 you may have to relogin as your user to apply the new group settings;
9 you may also have to be in the USB group; you may also have to unplug
10 and replug the scanner once after you add yourself to those groups.
11
12 Just to be clear, I use Xsane and an HP Scanjet, i think 4300 C,
13 something close to that, and permission issues like this don't effect
14 root, so that would be agood way to test.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list