From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NIS/NFS
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:55:23
1 Jeff wrote:
2 > Is showmount a universal command, or is it part of NIS/NFS?
3
4 What's a "universal command"?
5
6 man showmount
7
8 DESCRIPTION
9 showmount queries the mount daemon on a remote host for information
10 about the state of the NFS server on that machine.
11
12 > Worked like a charm btw. Thanks much. I've forgotten a lot of the
13 > commands since we've switched to LDAP.
14
15 LDAP has nothing to do with that.
16
17 Alexander Skwar
18 --
19 Real computer scientists don't write code. They occasionally tinker with
20 `programming systems', but those are so high level that they hardly count
21 (and rarely count accurately; precision is for applications).
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list