From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best way to block a given packages?
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 13:35:16
1 On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Phill MV wrote:
2
3 > After a month worth of holidays, I return to my computer, sync, and type
4 > emerge -uva world.
5 >
6 > Scrolling through the several screen's worth of stuff I find a few
7 > 'redundant' packages, like Mozilla and Epiphany (I use Firefox).
8 > I use gnome, so I've always wounded up with these two packages on my system.
9 > All things considered, compiling these two is a waste of space, bandwidth,
10 > time and electricity.
11 >
12 > How do I block these two from being compiled, despite the fact that they are
13 > listed as 'dependancies' in packages I use?
14
15 You could put an entry in /etc/portage/package.mask
16
17 "man portage" for more info.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list