From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-user] bus error during compilation of gcc
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:27:55
1 On Saturday 20 Apr 2013 20:29:31 the guard wrote:
2 > Суббота, 20 апреля 2013, 15:25 -04:00 от Forrest Schultz
3 <f.schultz0@×××××.com>:
4 > > Doesn't lowering makeopts just reduce the number of parallel
5 > > compilations?
6 >
7 > yes, it does. I heard somewhere that bus error is caused by lack of
8 > sufficient amount of memory during compilations.I also tried to remove
9 > cflags.
10
11 Simplifying cflags to something like:
12
13 CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
14
15 may help and also setting makeopts to 1:
16
17 MAKEOPTS="-j1"
20 but none of the above will help if the problem is due to a bug. Have you done
21 the basics like revdep-rebuild and python-updater?
24 Regards,
25 Mick