From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xserver on Dell Inspiron M1710
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 21:56:57
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 05 May 2007 03:24:55 -0400, Colleen Beamer wrote:
3 >
4 >> Okay, the installation of kde went fine. However, when I'm presented
5 >> with the login screen for my user id, I get the message:
6 >>
7 >> Could not start kstartupconfig. Check your installation.
8 >
9 > I've seen this caused by permissions. Make sure everything in ~/.kde3.5
10 > is owned by the user
11
12 Thanks for the tip - another one from the list that I'll file away for
13 future reference. :-) This worked, but the problem was actually my
14 /home/colleen directory. /home is on a separate partition and I
15 actually had to create the colleen directory, which I did as root and
16 ergo, it was owned by root. All is cool now!
17
18 Regards,
19
20 Colleen