From: Lee Packham <lee@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Unpacking an ISO Image
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:01:37
1 You can do:
2
3 mount -o loop /location/of/iso/file.iso /mnt/cdrom
4
5 That will mount it on the file system and allow you to grab stuff out.
6 You might have to specify a filesystem type, can't remember.
7
8 If that's the case:
9
10 mount -t iso9660 -o loop /location/of/iso/file.iso /mnt/cdrom
11
12 Lee.
13
14 -----Original Message-----
15 From: Kris Kerwin [mailto:kkerwin@×××××××××.com]
16 Sent: 16 May 2006 16:19
17 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
18 Subject: [gentoo-user] Unpacking an ISO Image
19
20 Hi folks,
21
22 Quick question. Is there any way that one can unpack an ISO image:
23 extracting the data that is contained within it like a tarball,
24 without having to burn it to a CD? I'm sure there's an option
25 somewhere within either the mkisofs or cdrecord man pages, but I feel
26 like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.
27
28 Thanks in advance.
29
30 Kris