From: Fabulous Zhang Zheng <zheng1181822466@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel config thingy, "make menuconfig"
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 23:01:25
1 Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>于2022年1月15日 周六下午10:39写道:
2
3 > Dear all,
4 > I'm in the process of fiddling around with the config of my
5 > kernel.
6 > This means using the "menu config thingy" that "make menuconfig"
7 > builds. It is very frustrating. Does anyone know why stuff is not in
8 > alphabetical order? It's a pain in the clacka trying to find some of the
9 > entries. For example "Device Drivers -> Android". You would expect it to
10 > be near the top of the device drivers, but no, it's near the bottom.
11 >
12 > No, I'm not expecting anyone to "fix" it, just basically a whinge.
13 >
14 > Andrew
15 >
16 > Good morning,
17
18 for me the "/" search in "make menuconfig" tells me the structure
19 location, and the same search in "make nconfig" simply finds and jumps to
20 the location in that page.
21
22 Also for convenience I usually "make localyesconfig" then check it through
23 using "make nconfig" to quickly search in some menu and remove/add some
24 option.