From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gstreamer or ffmeg - that's the question
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 01:00:31
1 On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Helmut Jarausch
2 <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 > the recent upgrade to Gnome 3.12.1 includes
5 > app-misc/tracker-1.0 which forces me to decide between gstreamer and
6 > ffmpeg.
7 > It says
8 >
9 > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
10 > at-most-one-of ( gstreamer ffmpeg )
11 >
12 > But many packages installed here depend on one of these.
13 >
14 > What can I do about it and why can't I have both as previously.
15 >
16 > Many thanks for a hint,
17 > Helmut
18
19 I think what the want you to do is put
20 app-misc/tracker -gstreamer
21 or
22 app-misc/tracker -ffmpeg
23 into your /etc/portage/package.use file. I don't think that you can
24 have both of the compiled into app-misc/tracker at the same time.