From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get hotplug goign?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:18:00
1 On 2007-09-24, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
2 > Can somebody point me to some documentation on how to get
3 > hotplug working under Gentoo? I'm trying to use a ti
4 > USB/serial dongle which needs a hotplug script run. I've put
5 > the script in /etc/hotplug/usb/<module-name>, but it doesn't
6 > get called.
7
8 After doign an "echo /sbin/hotplug >/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug"
9 the hotplug system started to work. How is that supposed to
10 happen? /etc/init.d/hotplug doesn't do it.
13 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Here I am in the
14 at POSTERIOR OLFACTORY LOBULE
15 visi.com but I don't see CARL SAGAN
16 anywhere!!
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list