From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 traffic analyzer
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 00:36:27
1 Adam Carter writes:
2
3 > Wireshark has an X11 decoder. For tcpdump you could try -vv or -vvv but
4 > i would just go straight to wireshark it will almost certainly be more
5 > useful. Of course if its inside an ssh tunnel you will only see ssh
6 > with a packet sniffer. If you're on the local box sniff lo0.
7
8 Thanks! I think this will help me with my problem.
9
10 I had to start a 2nd X server to test this, though. Nowadays, X starts
11 with '-nolisten tcp' option, and so there is no communication over port
12 6000. But when I started another X server manually, and changed the
13 DISPLAY variable from ':1' to 'localhost:1', I saw the X traffic on port
14 6001.
15
16 Thanks again,
17