From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reproducible Installation Lists?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 10:40:53
1 On Saturday, 26 February 2022 16:41:55 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 26 February 2022 14:19:15 GMT Ramces Tampo-og Red wrote:
3 >
4 > --->8
5 >
6 > > After reading the responses in the thread, this appears to be one way to
7 > > do it. Though I think adding it to a set could be a cleaner way? I
8 > > haven't tried all of the suggestions yet.
9 >
10 > In passing, I thought I'd mention that I keep most of my packages in sets:
11 > core, base, xorg, plasma, apps and utils. My world file only gets used for
12 > temporary or experimental things: it has one entry at the moment.
13
14 It's proved useful in an existing system too this weekend. One box hadn't been
15 updated for 9 months, and my usual update routine stumbled over lots of
16 blocks. So:
17 emerge -u @core (without D, notice),
18 emerge -u @system,
19 recompile the kernel,