From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to dev-libs/icu-51.1 results in borked Dolphin
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:46:17
1 On Sunday 28 Apr 2013 17:25:06 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:46:44 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > Does this mean that the new *default* for make.conf should be that
4 > > preserve- libs is included in FEATURES, otherwise packages that depend
5 > > on older lib files break if older files are removed?
6 >
7 > That's certainly the default on testing portage. preserve-libs shows up
8 > in emerge --info but is not set in make.cond.
9
10 OK, it is not in stable as far as this box is concerned:
11
12 # emerge --info | grep -i preserve
13 #
16 I added it now to my make.conf. I'll check on a second box in a minute to see
17 if things are borked there too. I think until preserve-libs becomes default
18 the older libs should not be removed and the previous approach of asking to
19 run 'revdep-rebuilt --library && rm' should remain. Unless you advise
20 otherwise I will post a bug when I get a minute.
23 Regards,
24 Mick