From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enlightenment Problem
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:44:20
1 On 15/11/2014 16:58, john wrote:
2 > I have been using enlightenment 18 for the last 6 months with no
3 > problems.
4 >
5 > I have recently bought a ssd drive and transferred / and boot to there.
6 > Since then whenever I start enlightenment, enlightenment and kswapd uses
7 > all my resources so I cannot even start an xterm, etc. After 10 minutes
8 > all is ok again. top shows kswapd and enlightenment using all cpu.
9 >
10 > This maybe a coincidence with the ssd but have upgraded enlightenemt a
11 > few times since with no change.
12 >
13 > I have tried killing kswapd but nothing happens. It won't die.
14 >
15 > This happens everytime I log out so have switched to xfce4 for the time
16 > being but have no problem there.
17 >
18 > I have rebuilt all enlightenment and associated files (efl, elementary)
19 > and deleted all config files etc.
20 >
21 > If anyone has come across this or can help resolve I would be
22 > greatful. Cannot find much on Google search!
23 >
24 > /boot /dev/sda1
25 > /root /dev/sda2
26 >
27 > swap /dev/sdb2
28 > /home /dev/sdb3
29 > /var /dev/sdb4
30 >
31 > fstab entry:
32 > /dev/sdb2 none swap sw 0 0
35 I have no idea what could cause that problem - I've never seen anyone
36 with that issue (using enlightenment or otherwise)
37
38 You might have better luck asking on the enlightenment user group:
39
40 enlightenment-users@×××××××××××××××××.net
45 Alan McKinnon
46 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com