From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dynamic service runlevel
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 17:32:41
1 On 13.11.2013 06:22, Linlin Yan (颜林林) wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
4 >> On 10.11.2013 09:20, Linlin Yan (颜林林) wrote:
5 >>> Is it possible to set dynamic service run-level (rc-update) according to
6 >>> different kernel version.
7 >>>
8 >>> There are different kernel versions in my grub menu, and I need to switch
9 >>> between these versions for development purpose. I currently want to disable
10 >>> some services under specific kernel version., but I cannot find where to
11 >>> customize this. Any suggestion?
12 >>
13 >> What I have done is to have two different runlevels (default and kde in
14 >> my case) with different services added to each one (the kde runlevel
15 >> starts X, kde, and som other stuff that I do not have in the default
16 >> level). Then I have added "softlevel=kde" to the parameters for the kernel.
17 > Hi Dan,
18 >
19 > Thank you very much! That is very helpful.
20 >
21 > What if I want to change the behaviour of "sysinit" runlevel? Where
22 > can I change it to another new runlevel for specific kernel version?
23 >
24 > BTW, the services I want to disable is udev{,-mount} for kernel-2.16.31.
25
26 Sorry, I can not help you there.
29 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
31 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!

0x2FB894AD.asc application/pgp-keys
signature.asc application/pgp-signature