From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Small (as in footprint) window manager
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 19:45:25
1 On 12/5/18 1:34 PM, james wrote:
2 > Hello Dan:: lots of good suggestions. you can look in
3 > /usr/portage/x11/wm (or whereevery /etc/portage/x11-wm for a listing of
4 > what in the tree for smaller.
5 >
6 > I have been wanting to try lumina::
7 >
8 > https://lumina-desktop.org/features/
9 >
10 > "does not require PolicyKit, HAL or systemd"
13 > if you have a few/limited scope of codes to run, it might just be
14 > what you are looking for......
15 >
16 > good_hunting,
17 >
18 > James
21 I've tried a few now (windowmaker, icewm, fluxbox, and the lumina
22 desktop.) I think for my needs fluxbox and eterm are all I need.
23
24 That Lumina desktop looks interesting, but I couldn't get it to start on
25 my machine. It went through the startup of the desktop, but as soon as
26 it showed me the desktop something crashed (I think??) Looking through
27 the logs I found this for the Lumina desktop:
28
29 qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 1 (BadRequest), sequence: 627,
30 resource id: 6291470, major code: 142 (Unknown), minor code: 1
31
32 But Google reveals nothing.
33
34 So fluxbox it is!