From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA - No Sound
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:01:50
1 On 01/23/2011 06:10 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Hazen Valliant-Saunders wrote:
3 >> Alsaconf will probe the right module for you.
4 >>
5 >> have you run alsamixer? (Or gmixer or whichever mixer you like to
6 >> unumte the channels with?)
7 >>
8 >> You need to unmute the channells;
11 > I will add this. It seems every time I do a install, I have to unmute
12 > the sound with both alsa and Kmix to get sound. I assume alsa controls
13 > the card itself and kmix is sort of like software. You may have hit
14 > something similar here. If even one thing is muted, no sound. Finding
15 > them all is fun tho.
16 >
17 > Dale
18 >
23 I had all the channels unmuted. I ran alsamixer and
24 gnome-volume-control to unmute and to verify, but still no sound. In
25 the /etc/make.conf I have ALSA_CARDS="AC97" set, but I don't think that
26 matters according to the documentation.