From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What does "perl" USE flag do?
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:14:48
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 16:38:39 +0200 Alexander Skwar
4 <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
5
6 > The "perl" USE flag is new. What does it do?
7
8 I just replied on the german ML to this question, but since it was
9 re-asked here:
10
11 The perl USE flag pulls in dev-lang/perl as a dependency. It is now a
12 default USE flag on most profiles.
13
14 I guess it's due to other flavours than Gentoo/Linux may have already a
15 working perl in their base system (e.g. the BSDs, Darwin, whatever) and
16 are assumed that there shouldn't be another one pulled in.
17
18 -hwh
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list