From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Permissions, permissions
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:42:02
1 Hi All,
2
3 This is a simple question but I'm getting tired and can't think straight with
4 this permissions problem:
5
6 I am trying to create a directory within which two users will be able to save
7 and delete documents. This directory is only meant to be accessible/readable
8 by these two users.
9
10 I created directory TEST, under /var/www/html. This contains subdirectories
11 TEST1, TEST2, TEST3. Each subdirectory contains other files. I set the
12 permissions recursively to apache:ftp. Both users are members of group ftp.
13 I chmod -R g+w.
14
15 When I create a new subdirectory and save a file in it I noticed that it is
16 mick:wheel instead of mick:ftp. How do I set it up so that newly created
17 directories/files inherit the parent group ownership?
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick