From: Istvan Pongracz <gentoo.macs@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] samsung network printer on amd64 - only half page printed
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:10:37
1 Hi,
2
3 Nobody has problem similar to mine?
4 Everybody have extremely smooth, well-working printing system with amd64? :)
5
6 Please give me some tipps :)
7
8 Regards,
9 István
10
11 Istvan Pongracz wrote:
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > I have a problem on my amd64 system.
15 > I put a fresh x64 gentoo install to an amd64 machine about a month ago.
16 > Now I bought a Samsung CLP 510N network printer and tried to use under
17 > 64 bit gentoo.
18 >
19 > So, after hacking setup.sh (correct lib paths for 32 bit compatibility
20 > libraries) I installed the samsung's config programs, drivers etc.,
21 > using cups as printing system.
22 >
23 > Now, the problem is:
24 > if I print out a document from openoffice 2, I got exactly the half
25 > pages. I mean, if I print out 3 pages, I got 1st page correctly, second
26 > contains only the upper half, the left simply missing.
27 >
28 > If I print one page, I got a half.
29 >
30 > This problem happens, when I print a test page under linux-config, which
31 > is the samsung provided utility.
32 >
33 > BUT. If I print a test page from Webmin (1.250), I got a full page,
34 > without problem.
35 >
36 > On my laptop, which is a 32 bit system, the printing working well to the
37 > same printer, using the same drivers, which are installed to the 64 bit
38 > system.
39 >
40 > I googled around and I found lot of cups related issues with amd64,
41 > mostly from year 2005.
42 > My problem definitely was not there.
43 > I dig at www.gentoo.org printing howto, but there is no solution.
44 > I also tried to find something at samsung site, there is nothing.
45 >
46 > Does anybody know this issue or have an idea, how to solve this situation?
47 > Now, printing is more or less useless for me in amd64 environment.
50 > Regards,
51 > István
54 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list