From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] after emerge -Du world date can't keep time
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:04:39
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 After emerge --deep --update world I compiled and
4 installed the new kernel, 2.6.12-gentoo-r10, then I
5 noticed that no matter when I boot the system, date
6 always starts marking time at 6:00 AM, although it
7 gets the date and zone right. No matter what time
8 string I give to date(as root), after a re-boot it
9 alway replies with 6AM plus whatever time has elapsed
10 since the original boot. FWIW rtc support is compiled
11 as a module and is *not* currently loaded. Also, the
12 BIOS clk is correct.
13
14 -mw
20 Yahoo! for Good
21 Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
22 http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list