From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Still having problems with logmail
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:50:40
1 On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:22:57 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > > > Where is it getting this <root> thing from? As far as I can tell,
4 > > > my wife's computer has an identical setup, except that on hers this
5 > > > works. Can anyone help me?
6 > >
7 > > Probably the destination address. What does "grep ELOG /etc/make.conf"
8 > > show on each of the computers?
9 > >
10 > The same thing on both:
11 >
12 > PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error log"
13 > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
14 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="portage@××××××××××××.com"
15
16 You haven't specitied a recipient and server, which default to root and
17 localhost, and your local mail server is objecting to addresses without a
18 domain. Set PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="recipient server".
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Q. How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
25 A. Only one - who gives it to six Californians, thereby reducing the
26 problem to an earlier joke.