From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to make new windows not get focus on Gnome-2.14 ?
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:10:57
1 Hello.
2
3 This is kind of irritating. All new windows on gnome get the focus
4 automatically. So, I'm typing something and then a window appears and
5 I have to get back to the window where I was typing to continue.
6 I have looked on gnome-control-center and on metacity properties, but
7 I couldn't find anything related to this. I also looked on
8 gconf-editor, but didn't find anything.
9 It seems the gnome usability team loves trimming useful configuration
10 options for the sake of not confusing users (i.e. treating users as
11 dumb beasts).
12 So, does anyone know how to make metacity behave like this? I might
13 have overlooked some configuration somewhere.
14
15 Thanks
18 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
19 http://www.lustosa.net/