From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eudev/udev changeover: a warning to Linode customers
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 08:01:51
1 On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:07:11 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > > With udev the filenames you want are:
4 > > 80-net-name-slot.rules
5 > > 80-net-setup-link.rules
6 > >
7 > > Or at least, that is what I am using with the systemd-bundled udev and
8 > > my physical interface is eth0.
9 >
10 > Disregard that. I'm also using net.ifnames=0 - I'm guessing the
11 > filename changed at some point. You probably can dig around in the
12 > package-supplied udev rules to figure out which one needs to be
13 > overridden now.
14
15 I'm not using any udev rules for network devices. If all you want is the
16 old eth?/wlan? names back the kernel parameter is sufficient. This works
17 with openrc and systemd here.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.