From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TS (transport stream) files: how to strip anything unwanted?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:22:11
1 >> from recording from my dvbt-card I have some ts-files (transport
2 >> stream).
3 >>
4 >> To save space AND quality, I want to strip anything from those files,
5 >> which is not wanted: anything, which is neither audio nor video.
6 >
7 > What you've just described is reencoding, even if it's from a TS with
8 > multiple subchannels, 4 different audio tracks, and a week of program
9 > info in PSIP to a single-channel TS. The fact that the output container
10 > is similar to the input container is irrelavant. It's still reencoding.
11
12 No it's not. What Meino want's to do, is to remux his video file.
13
14 Re encoding is when you actually change something, like audio or video
15 codec.